Even during the busiest times of my life I have endeavored to maintain some
form of model building activity. This site has been created to help me chronicle
my journey through a lifelong involvement in model aviation, which
all began in Mayo, MD
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the Airplanes and Rockets website are hereby acknowledged.
Quiz #1: Models and Manufacturers
Your knowledge of model aircraft kits, engines, and
equipment will need to stretch back a couple decades to score 10 out of 10 on this model-aircraft-themed
quiz. Winners get a free 1-year subscription to the Airplanes and Rockets website. Good
Show me the answers!
Question 1: The correct answer is Proctor Enterprises.
Question 2: The correct answer is Top Flite.
Question 3: The correct answer is Lanier R/C.
Question 4: The correct answer is Sigafoose.
Question 5: The correct answer is Hobbico.
Question 6: The correct answer is Chief Aircraft.
Question 7: The correct answer is Rockets.
Question 8: The correct answer is Hobby Lobby.
Question 9: The correct answer is Du-Bro Products.
Question 10: The correct answer is Ready-to-fly molded plastic.
You answered them all right!
1. Which company manufactured the "Antic" series
of open frame R/C models?
3. What is the most recognizable company for making
foam and plastic ready-to-fly models R/C in the 1970s?
5. Which company bought the Top Flite line of products?
7. What type of models did Estes first produce?
9. Which company manufactured the Whirlybird R/C
helicopter that had the engine mounted on top of the main rotor?
2. Who made the original "Nobler" series of C/L
4. What is the full last name of Sig Manufacturing's
co-founder Hazel Sig?
6. Which of these companies does not manufacture
rubber-powered free flight model airplanes?
8. Who marketed the giant Telemaster line of models?
10. What type of airplane model construction was
Cox Manufacturing famous for?
Thanks to the Hungry Piranha website for providing the code template for this quiz!